Saturday, February 12, 2011

PJ. (Part 1: Change of Mind. Change of Heart)

He is my bestfriend.


But it was not the case the first time we met. Back in the old days I was the King of our street. I command all the other children when it comes to playing and making friends. If I say not to befriend another person then all of our neighbors would do the same.The first time I saw him, he left an impression on me...a very bad impression. I thought he was mahangin!


His being a natural flirt with all our girl barkadas plus the boy-next door looks makes him a great THREAT to my throne. As a result, I started warning my friends never to befriend the guy. At one point, I even talked with some of the boys that we would beat him up one night. We never clicked the first time.


I thought it was animosity because I want to protect my turf but then when he started connecting with me, the constant visits to my house, the constant invitations to his house and his constant insistence that he wants to hang out with me..made me fall for him. Our being friends was so fast that sometimes we would isolate ourselves from the group and hang out with exclusivity. 


He came from a broken family and lives with his Lola far away from my place. He would just visit his mom and stepdad which is my neighbors during the weekends. At first we would feel excited about seeing each other during the weekends. The moment he steps into their house he would just leave his things behind and go directly to my place. My home became his home to as he was very well accepted by my parents. They would even consider him our youngest.


The weekends would be full for us. He would help with the chores and after that we would go around town doing crazy stuff. Our favorite was riding my bicycle and going past through a village where a lot of dogs can be found. We would let the dogs run after us. For a few weeks of being with him during weekends, it made me so happy and contented. Gone are the days when I would always hate the weekends as it would mean more household chores for me. When we were together I would totally forget my problems with our poverty, self-esteem and confusion (yes this early i knew something in me does not feel normal).


As the friendship grew deeper so as my attachment to this guy. Aside from being so happy to see him during weekends, it would also make me feel sad when he leaves for his Lola on Mondays. I would miss him a lot. It seemed like my world was revolving around him. Back then, he was the only reason for my purpose.


In a very short time, I changed the way I look at him from adversary to a bestfriend. This also changed the way I feel for him from a bestfriend to an inspiration. And at that instance I knew...

...that I already  fell for him.

2 comments:

  1. Ikaw na bro ang may pj....
    adolescent ka pa ata nito at tandang tanda pa huh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pre, cute yang si PJ. chinito! kaya siguro nagustuhan kong maging chinita! hahaha

    ako si kim chiu(pa). hahahaha

    ReplyDelete