Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sunshine.

He was my first.

We met each other late last year at Planetromeo, a social networking site for knowing and possibly later on dating PLUs (People Like Us). He was way too young for me but then we hit it off the moment we talked. At first it was nothing special, a few texts every once in a while. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from our exchanges of text messages, in fact it was so plain.

However more than a month after our first beeps, we found ourselves wanting more of each other. The text messages eventually progressed into calls every night saying the sweet goodbyes and take cares, virtual hugs and kisses. I liked the guy. In his very young age, he really had something in between the ears. He was a bit shy and reserved but somehow I always manage to bring out that scant laughter of his. But there was only one problem at that time... we have not yet seen each other.

I courted him even though we still talk "headless" with each other. Both of us never knew what one looked like. Fortunate enough, on our second month of knowing each other, we decided to make it official. It was US. I was his First and He was MINE too on January 25, 2010.

Impossible as it may seem, it took two months from being an official couple that we finally got to see each other...in flesh. Our meeting was one of those scary moments...jitters... butterflies in the stomach and thoughts of backing out every now and then... those were some of my feelings that time. I knew that if anyone of us would be disappointed on how the other persons looks then the relationship would be damned!

Then the moment of truth came......."Gwapo" was my first impression...."Cute" was his, but we both felt very surprised because we never expected that we would like each other more. It was one of those rare moments that you'd say that you are "genuinely" happy. At that time I told him:

"Can I call you my sunshine? You really are lighting up my somewhat dull and boring life" -----that was how he came to be my "Sunshine". A name that I openly share with my straight friends without them knowing that it was a guy. 


It's just too bad some things are really not meant to be. The relationship ended after three months (I will write another post how it ended). But it was one of the best three months of my life. There will never be another sunshine in my life, I know, but at least I felt how it is to love and be loved. 

But then again...who knows...after the darkness of the night...sunshine will always show up in the morning!

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment