Monday, August 9, 2010

Itigil ang Kasal!!!


Many expected me to utter those words...but I didn't.

Yesterday, I attended the wedding of my former girlfriend to his long time partner. The people from our circle were having jitters...doubts and illusions on what is going to happen when I will be there.  I guess that's what they get from watching too much drama on TV.

Me and my ex-girlfriend has been an item of the past for almost seven years ago already just before she started her relationship with her soon to be husband. We started out as really good friends...before crossing the lines to become...very lame lovers. We did have some problems as a couple, however, not all of the people knew that we did part ways beautifully and no resentment nor hate was left in our heart. We have preserved the friendship even after trying it out as partners. I  really loved her...and will always do.

Her getting married is no surprise for me. She and her boyfriend has been together for almost seven years and I was one of those who would tell them to tie the knot. Cliche as it is, it would make me happy to see her happy...and that's what is important. That's why when I received the invitation with a note from my ex --"Please be there...for me"-- I never had any second thoughts of attending. I am sure seven years of being not together should have dampened and weakened my feelings for her.

But I was wrong.

As I was standing there at the Church looking at her...I sighed, in my mind I said... she is the one who got away! People were looking at me for any signs that may tell that I was affected but I was very good in hiding it....so good that I looked already dubiously happy...

When they stood up for a kiss...I saw her...very beautiful in her wedding gown...very happy in her wedding day. I thought I will not feel anything anymore...I will be numb and can truly be happy for her....for them...

But then again I was wrong. I still do have some love for her...I still do wish for my happy ending with her. 

I looked at her husband and looked away...I know what I was feeling was wrong...I know what I was hoping will never happen. Standing there at the church, I felt my knees shake. I was feeling helpless... I know,I really would have shouted:

"Itigil ang kasal"

This time it was not for her though....but for her husband who is equally desirable and yummy as her too. -wink-. Man! Ishould have tasted him. Hahahahaha.

Washafuke!

1 comment: