Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sunset.


I did not feel anything.

That is how I would perfectly describe how it feels to finally let go of a person...a lover... and a past. Several months ago, when my break-up with my first m2m relationship was still fresh, I would always feel different. Most of the time, I would be uneasy and always feel a sharp pain piercing through my heart every time we would have a conversation. Of course, there is this effort to hide it but instead of helping, it would make the feeling worse. It would magnify the hurt. I would always act that everything is normal but you know from deep within that you are mourning. Sometimes there are instances that you would want to throw yourself at that person and be tempted to ask him to take you back. You do all there is to show that you are not affected at all but no matter how much you would hide it, you just cannot lie to yourself that you are still in love with him.

Honestly, I really did not know when to start and pick up the pieces. I would often say to the people who knew what I was going through that I can make it, and that I am ok. This is just to cut the questions and cover up for the hell that I was experiencing. For sometime I would convince myself that all shall pass but I also know that I was not ready to let it pass. I was bitter and no matter how I try to tell that person, my friends and myself that I am already over "him", there is always the truth that I am NOT.

But then a new Love came...and even though I hate to admit it, the line that says "the best way to forget the past is to find a new one" is actually true. When I met this new guy, who would later on be my partner, things suddenly changed. The fear that was in my heart was gently eradicated and surprisingly I find myself opening up to people and sharing laughter with them. Every single day that I share together with that person becomes my therapy to slowly forget the pain and the person that caused it. Slowly, I have turned to making this new relationship work rather than hoping that the old relationship would come back. Hope was slowly budding in my heart together with the feeling of being happy. With the unfolding of a new Love, I found new meaning in Life .

When Sunshine (my ex) called today, I was surprised. The bad memories of the past were gone. The feeling of pain in my heart was gone. And my love for him was gone.

I did not feel anything.

Now I can finally say...I AM OVER HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment